Friday, July 15, 2016

Rose Garden: A Family Outing




A few weeks ago Randall and I took Phoenix to the Rose Garden. This place is so beautiful and has a lot of memories tied to it. It is where my mom and dad had their first date and as far as I can remember I think it was also the place where my dad told my mom that he was going to marry her and indeed he did!


I went to this park a few times as a kiddo and it is such a special place. Right away when you walk into the little park you can smell the sweet roses. All sorts of different types of rose bushes and we had a lot of fun walking around and showing Phoenix the beautiful flowers. We took so many photos. The weather was perfect, a nice warm summer day with a cool breeze. We went in the early evening and got to see the sun coming down. It was a perfect day and perfect little family outing.


I remember an old photo of me and my mom outside our house when I was a baby there were tall rose bushes the photo was of me and my mom. She was holding me up and we were peeking out from behind the roses. I am so glad I was able to get a photo of me and my little girl doing the same thing. I am such a nostalgic person and being at the Rose Garden brought back memories of my childhood. One day it will be nice to visit this place with my mom and listen to the stories she has of her and my dad and how they fell in love. I sure do miss my dad, I know he would just adore his granddaughter.


The roses were so beautiful and smelled so sweet it was so hard not to pick one. As I walked through the garden I thought about the people who wake up early and start their days by coming to that park and tending to the roses. I am thankful for what they do. Thankful that those people have been persevering a place that is so dear and near to my heart.

3 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik